Zoe is able to provide teleconferencing sessions.
The video call is accessed via all up to date internet browsers. Please try a test call and access the video platform here: Big Sky Psychology Video Call
Benefits of video call sessions
Video call psychology sessions have the benefits of providing streamlined access to professional support anywhere and at any time. Tele-psychology sessions are most effective and can be as therapeutic as face to face sessions and set up in optimal conditions which includes:
- Having access to a chair, table space, front lit lighting, headphones with microphone and a charged computer or ipad.
- Checking your internet connection. Video call services usually need a higher upload speed for effective streamlined video calls. You can do this via www.speedtest.net.
- Have you tested the video call system?
- Do you have a private and quiet section of your home?
- Wearing headphones with a microphone vastly improves sound quality and reduces external sounds.
- No eating or drinking is encouraged (other than water, coffee, tea)
- There are some concerns that are best addressed in person including higher risk concerns that may need to be address by other services.
If you live in a remote or very remote area (classified as Modified Monash Model 4-7) you may be eligible for the medicare benefits scheme sessions, which are rebated at the Clinical Psychology rate of $129.55. The MMM classification model can be obtained on the Doctor Connect website: www.doctorconnect.gov.au.
Please discuss with Zoe whether you are eligible to meet these criteria for rebated telehealth sessions.