Finding the right therapist is not always easy. Every person relates to every other person differently and that interaction is influenced by each other’s lifetime of experiences. Zoe aims to meet your needs as best as possible. However Zoe is also committed to guiding you in finding the right therapist if your needs are different from what she can provide.
Zoe considers it a privilege to work with people who are seeking support during times of difficulty in their lives. She is a warm, humanistic and non-judgmental Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist with 15 years of mental health experience and 10 years in practice as a registered Psychologist. She has worked with adolescents and adults with a broad range of mental health symptoms in both public and private settings.
Zoe values working in an insight oriented framework and places great importance on respectful, honest and collaborative processes to help you improve your quality of life.
Sessions aim to equip you with effective coping strategies and better enable you to identify your core values and what underlying issues may be triggering and perpetuating your psychological concerns.
Zoe is committed to providing high quality care and psychological advice to people with a variety of issues including:
- mood and emotional problems including depression, anger, mood swings
- adjustment issues and transitional life changes
- anxiety, phobias and social fears
- trauma related emotional difficulties
- self-esteem, cross cultural concerns, LGBTQIA+ and identity issues
- eating disorders, substance abuse and personality trait difficulties
- difficulties in relating to others, unstable relationships, or dealing with destructive patterns of relating to others
Depending on what you require, Zoe utilises a range of evidence based approaches comprising:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness and Meditation practices
- EMDR Accredited Therapist
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Psychodynamic principles
- Supportive Psychotherapeutic principles
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Foundations Course
- Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology
- Bachelor of Science [Psychology, Marine Biology]
- Diploma of Creative Arts